Things To Do in Myrtle Beach during the Holidays!
The holiday season in Myrtle Beach is busy with festive local happenings and Coastal Living named Myrtle Beach in America’s 10 Best Beach Towns for Christmas. Myrtle Beach’s mild coastal weather provides the opportunity to celebrate many holiday events comfortably outdoors. Our coastal city comes to life with beautiful evening light shows, parades, family-friendly shows and so much more. There is something for everyone. We’ve put together the merry best holiday christmas events in Myrtle Beach and things to do all through December!
Our List of Local Holiday Events
- The beginning of our holiday celebrations begin at the local theatres in November. Walking distance from Living Dunes is the Alabama Performing Arts Theatre which hosts wonderful annual Christmas shows with singing and dancing as well as The Carolina Opry, Pirates Voyage, Palace Theatre, Legends in Concert, and The Dickens Christmas Show.
- The Saturday following Thanksgiving, the annual Intracoastal Christmas Regatta is a beautiful maritime parade along the waterway featuring boats decorated in Christmas accessories. One of the best viewing sights for the parade is just a short walk from Living Dunes at the Anchor Cafe!
- There’s no other way to capture the Christmas spirit like picking a real tree to decorate your Living Dunes home for the holiday. Our local Booths Christmas Tree Farm has the perfect one for you!
- Christmas tree lightings are a great way to welcome this magical time of year. Barefoot Landing, Broadway at the Beach, and The Market Common are some of the most popular tree lighting ceremonies to attend with live entertainment for the whole family.
- Holiday Christmas Events in Myrtle Beach Ripley’s Aquarium at Broadway At The Beach features The Festival of Trees with 75 uniquely decorated and themed Christmas trees on display.
- The annual Christmas Towne at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center is a family-friendly holiday festival with amusements, games, and photos with Santa!
- Downtown Conway turns into the North Pole at night during December for the Rivertown Christmas Celebration’s with a tree lighting ceremony, store window displays, and horse drawn carriages through the town.
- Support our seasonal craft vendors at The Market Common on Saturdays at the Holiday Bazaar.
- The Horry County Museum plays historic Hollywood holiday films free to the public.
- Head down to the Bellefield Plantation, Hobcaw Barony for the Christmas Oyster Roast & BBQ complete with food, drinks, and historical tours.
- Santa’s coming to town! Making his way down the Grand Strand, festive decoarated floats will cruise through Conway, Little River, Surfside Beach, Murrells Inlet, and North Myrtle Beach for their annual Christmas street parades.
- Arguably the best holiday event in our area, Brookgreen Gardens hosts one of the most spectacular light shows on the east coast! Walk through Nights Of A Thousand Candles with a warm cup of cider and see the 9,000 acre garden glowing with more than 5,500 hand-lit candles and sparkling lights. Enjoy the sights and sounds, this exhibit is sure to spread Christmas cheer.
- The Great Christmas Light Show at the North Myrtle Beach Park & Sports Complex runs through December featuring light shows, Santa’s village, ice skating, train rides, and more!
Discover The Magic Of Living Local
With all of the season’s best holiday christmas events in Myrtle Beach, Living Local means you’re in the center of it all!
Celebrate the coastal lifestyle at Living Dunes all year round and reserve your seat on the porch today! Contact our real estate sales professionals for more information.